OCSEA members, families and all supporters of labor are invited to walk the picket line to show their support for striking United Auto Workers-GM workers and families. OCSEA members are coming together in strength and solidarity for UAW-GM union brothers and sisters. OCSEA members are encouraged to walk the picket lines at all sites throughout Ohio as workers fight to secure a tentative agreement.
DOWNLOAD SIGNS OF SUPPORT: Vertical PDF | Horizontal PDF
Approximately 49,000 auto workers are walking the picket lines at GM factories across the U.S. in the biggest private sector strike in more than a decade. Despite making billions in profit, GM wants workers to pay more for health care, accept a raise lower than inflation, and continue its system of unequal tiers of workers. On top of that, GM cut health care to striking workers and their families last week.
Join us in solidarity! Bring a friend, or a whole carpool. Maybe bring some refreshments. Pick up a sign, join in the chanting, and walk the line for a couple hours. Shake a striker’s hand. A little solidarity goes a long way. And don't forget to take selfies and share them with hastags: #UAWStrike #OCSEA.
Find a picket line near you:
- Defiance Foundry, 26427 OH-281, Defiance (Local 211)
- Parma Metal Center, 5400 Chevrolet Blvd., Parma (Local 1005)
- Toledo Transmission, 1455 W. Alexis Rd., Toledo (Local 14)
- Lordstown Assembly, 2300 Hallock-Young Rd., Warren (Local 1112)
- West Chester Processing Center, 9287 Meridian Way, West Chester (Local 696)
- Cincinnati Parts Distribution Center, 8752 Jacquemin Dr., West Chester (Local 674)
Learn more about the strike and how to support workers HERE.