OCSEA and unions across the country have been under attack, from Right to Work laws, to groups like the Freedom Foundation trying to bust up our right to bargain. But now a crucial vote in the U.S. House of Representatives could help change that and make it easier for workers to stand together and organize.
Soon lawmakers in Washington will vote on the PRO Act (Protecting the Right to Organize), H.R 2474, which would help employees organize for better pay and benefits. The bill would:
- Penalize employers who violate workers’ right to organize.
- Eliminate state Right To Work laws.
- Help workers secure a first contract.
- Protect workers who go on strike.
- Close loopholes that allow companies to misclassify workers as independent contractors.
Working people deserve the right to organize and strive for a better and safer workplace. Will you make a call to your member of Congress today? Go HERE to make a call.